Resource Employment Solutions is working with the one of the top-rated engineering companies to work for in 2022. Our client, being a consulting firm is recognized as a specialist in power system design and analysis. They are anchored by veteran power system design leaders and a growing team of control system professional engineers. They are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their growing team. This Electrical Engineer will prepare plans and specifications for construction packages using design software and in conjunction with other project team members. Conduct site visits with designers/drafters and other engineers to field verify as-builts, research site conditions, and develop project design strategies.
Resource Employment Solutions is seeking a professional Electrical Design Engineer. The ideal candidate will perform complex facilities and sitewide systems electrical design tasks and provide technical support in compliance with current electrical industry and site standards.
- Assists in the development of electrical system designs for construction of new or modification to existing facilities.
- Prepares plans and specifications for construction packages using design software and in conjunction with other project team members.
- Develops design proposals and estimated cost of construction for completed designs.
- Assists in the review of vendor/contractor submittals and Requests for Information (RFIs) to bring product design from engineering phase to completed construction.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other organizations and engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for reviewing/checking the designs, specifications, and costs estimates of electrical engineers that are part of our current team.
- Must comply with all applicable safety and health related policies and procedures.
- Monitor and report the status of all current design projects.
- Conduct site visits with designers/drafters and other engineers to field verify as-builts, research site conditions, and develop project design strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering.
- Experience in low and high voltage power distribution, lightning protection, lighting.
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and professional personal appearance.
- Ensure quality and completeness of work in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintain neat and orderly office environment.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Utilizes resourcefulness in researching various documents and databases, as well as gathering various types of information or other resources.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple project activities simultaneously.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Windchill, and SKM is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Ability to present to large groups.
- Dexterity to operate office equipment, and ability to access field locations as required by the position, including working at heights.
- Occasional support, and travel
Resource is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristics protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Resource complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the EEO is The Law poster.