Resource Employment Solutions is seeking a professional HR Leave/Benefits Specialist. The ideal candidate will coordinate the leave, employee benefits, worker’s compensation programs according to established policy, rules, and regulations. Process and provide timely notification and communication with employees and supervisors regarding leaves and absences as well as insurance carrier regarding worker’s compensation claims. Maintain records and provide assistance to employees to ensure effective use of benefits. Health/wellness benefit onboarding and invoice reconciliation.
- Communicates with AbensePro and departmental administrative staff to process absence reports.
- Process all absences/LOA, determine eligibility for various leave programs including Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) and temporary disability leave according to established guidelines, and provide employees with required timely notice.
- Counsel with employees and supervisors concerning leave benefits and provide employees with accurate information on deductions from pay relating to absences, medical certification requirements, return-to-work dates, etc.
- Work cooperatively with HR Department as it relates to risk management – to process and coordinate all employee leaves and absences, including those relating to workers’ compensation claims
- Present information on leave benefits – as it relates to reporting via Paycom System.
- Administer employee benefit programs such as group health insurance, dental, life, and medical reimbursement.
- Handle employee benefit inquiries to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution.
- Process employee benefit enrollment and change forms within required time limits to meet payroll deadlines.
- Assist in conducting benefits orientation meetings and enrollment of new employees in benefit plans.
Workers’ Compensation Administration:
- Receive and process accident reports and workers’ compensation claims and file all insurance forms in a timely manner, including wage statements, First Report of Injury, Supplement Report, and job information.
- Establish and maintain contact with injured/LOA employees and provide assistance with claims and obtaining health care as appropriate.
- Communicate with workers’ compensation insurance carrier to ensure appropriate processing of claims.
- Work closely with department leaders/staff to facilitate reporting work-related illnesses and injuries.
- Some college, with specialty in Human Resources preferred.
- Three years’ experience in human resources, insurance, or closely related field.
SHIFT AND PAY:
- Monday – Friday
- 8:00am – 5:00pm
- $22 – $26 / hour DOE
Resource is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristics protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Resource complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law